Criteria for inclusion in the Higher Education Compass
Only universities satisfying the following criteria are included in the HRK Higher Education Compass:
(1) The university is a state or state-recognised German university.
(2) The academic programmes offered by the university are state-approved and/or accredited by an accreditation agency recognised in Germany.
(3) The university has already started offering degree programmes or will start no later than the semester following the application for inclusion.
(4) As a rule, applicants who fulfil the general university application prerequisites in accordance with the relevant state university laws are entitled to the university's academic programmes.
(1) The application for inclusion in the Higher Education Compass is to be submitted to the German Rectors' Conference (HRK) in written or electronic format (HRK contact: Roger Wurm, wurm(at)hrk.de).
(2) Applications must be submitted with proof that the aforementioned criteria have been satisfied, e.g. an extract from the relevant state law or a copy of state recognition as a German university from the relevant responsible state ministry.